Telephone: 519.661.2111 ext. 81162
Office: Social Sciences Centre 4134
Office Hours: TH 1:30-3 PM
BA University of Guelph, MA University of Toronto, PhD (ABD) University of Toronto (Expected 2016)
Environmental Change and Conflict Studies, Environmental Security, Resource Management in Latin America, Global Environmental Politics
- 2013: Tom Deligiannis, “The Evolution of Qualitative Environment-Conflict Research: Moving Toward Consensus,” in Rita Floyd and Richard Matthews (eds.), Environmental Security: Approaches and Issues (New York: Routledge).
- 2012: Tom Deligiannis, “The Evolution of Environment-Conflict Research: Toward a Livelihood Framework,” Global Environmental Politics, 12(1), February.
- 2010: Tom Deligiannis, “The Evolution of Environment-Conflict Research,” in Matthew A. Schnurr and Larry A. Swatuk eds., Critical Environmental Security: Rethinking the Links Between Natural Resources and Political Violence, New Issues in Security #5 (Dalhousie University: Centre for Foreign Policy Studies) [Read More].
- 2008: Thomas Homer-Dixon & Tom Deligiannis, “Environmental Scarcities and Civil Violence: Perspective of the Toronto Group,” Ch. 20 in Hans Günter Brauch, John Grin, Czeslaw Mesjasz, Pal Dunay, Navnita Chadha Behera, Béchir Chourou, Ursula Oswald Spring, P. H. Liotta, Patricia Kameri-Mbote, Eds. Globalisation and Environmental Challenges: Reconceptualising Security in the 21st Century (Berlin – Heidelberg – New York – Hong Kong – London – Milan – Paris – Tokyo: Springer-Verlag).
- 2001: Daniel M. Schwartz, Tom Deligiannis, and Thomas Homer-Dixon. “The Environment and Violent Conflict.” in Paul F. Diehl and Nils Petter Gleditsch eds. Environmental Conflict. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- 2000: Daniel M. Schwartz, Tom Deligiannis, and Thomas F. Homer-Dixon, “The Environment and Violent Conflict: A Response to Gleditsch’s Critique and Some Suggestions for Future Research,” Environmental Change & Security Project Report, Issue 6 (Summer): 77-94.