Director, Local Government Program
PhD, Western University
Telephone: 519.661.2111 ext. 85168
Office: Social Science Centre 4162
Refereed Journal Articles
- 2016: “The Independence of Ontario’s Public Health Units: Does Governing Structure Matter?” Healthcare Policy 12(1): 71-83.
- 2015: "Local Government Structure and the Co-ordination of Economic Development Policy." Canadian Journal of Political Science.48(1): 173-193.
- 2015: "Conservation Authority Board Composition and Watershed Management in Ontario." Canadian Public Administration. 58(2): 315-332.
- 2018: Joseph Lyons and Zachary Spicer. “Accountability and Local Collaborative Governance.” In Accountability and Responsiveness at the Municipal Level: Views from Canada, edited Sandra Breaux and Jérôme Couture, 177-199. Montreal & Kingston: MQUP.
Recent Conference/Lectures/Seminar Presentations
- 2018: “Ontario Municipal Elections 2018: Enhancing Local Democracy.” University of Guelph, Department of Political Science Speaker Series. October 15.
- 2017: “Public Health Governance as a Determinant of Health” (Panel Presentation). The Ontario Public Health Conference, Toronto, ON. March 30.
- 2014: "Watershed Management in Ontario: Does Conservation Authority Board Composition Affect Responsiveness?" Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan. February 11.
- 2013: "Conservation Authority Board Composition and Policy Implementation." Canadian Political Science Association Conference, Victoria, B.C., June 6.
Awards and Distinctions
- 2013-14: Ontario Graduate Scholarship. University of Western Ontario
- 2012-13: SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship. University of Western Ontario
- 2012-13: Ontario Graduate Scholarship, (declined). University of Western Ontario
- 2011-12: Ontario Graduate Scholarship. University of Western Ontario
- 2010-11: Ontario Graduate Scholarship. University of Western Ontario
- 2007-08: Balsillie Fellowship, University of Waterloo