Director, Local Government Program
PhD, Western University
Telephone: 519.661.2111 ext. 85168
Office: Social Science Centre 4162
- 2020. Zachary Spicer, Joseph Lyons, and Kate Graham. Local Government in Practice: Cases in Governance, Planning, and Policy. Toronto: Emond.
Refereed Journal Articles
- 2016. “The Independence of Ontario’s Public Health Units: Does Governing Structure Matter?” Healthcare Policy 12(1): 71-83.
- 2015. "Local Government Structure and the Co-ordination of Economic Development Policy." Canadian Journal of Political Science.48(1): 173-193.
- 2015. "Conservation Authority Board Composition and Watershed Management in Ontario." Canadian Public Administration. 58(2): 315-332.
- 2018. Joseph Lyons and Zachary Spicer. “Accountability and Local Collaborative Governance.” In Accountability and Responsiveness at the Municipal Level: Views from Canada, edited Sandra Breaux and Jérôme Couture, 177-199. Montreal & Kingston: MQUP.
- 2020. Zachary Spicer, Joseph Lyons, and Kate Graham. “Banning Single-Use Plastics.” In An Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy in Canada, 3rd edition, edited by Paul Muldoon et al., 307-309. Toronto: Emond.
- 2020. Zachary Spicer and Joseph Lyons. “The Ingredients for Innovation in Small Town Ontario: Leadership and Culture.” Policy Ready Digital Government Case Study Series.
- 2020. Zachary Spicer, Joseph Lyons, and Kate Graham. “Water Fluoridation and Evidence-Based Policy-Making.” In An Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy in Canada, 3rd edition, edited by Paul Muldoon et al., 304-306. Toronto: Emond.
Recent Conference/Lectures/Seminar Presentations
- 2018. “Ontario Municipal Elections 2018: Enhancing Local Democracy.” University of Guelph, Department of Political Science Speaker Series. October 15.
- 2017. “Public Health Governance as a Determinant of Health” (Panel Presentation). The Ontario Public Health Conference, Toronto, ON. March 30.
- 2014. "Watershed Management in Ontario: Does Conservation Authority Board Composition Affect Responsiveness?" Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan. February 11.
- 2013. "Conservation Authority Board Composition and Policy Implementation." Canadian Political Science Association Conference, Victoria, B.C., June 6.