M.A. Global Governance, Balsillie School of International Affairs (Waterloo)
B.A. Political Science (Honours), Brock University
Supervisor: Radoslav Dimitrov
Committee members: Adam Harmes, Gordon McBean
Working title: "The G-77 in the climate change negotiations”
Fields: Global governance, international relations, international law, international political economy, comparative politics
Issues: international environmental politics, climate change, geoengineering, developing countries, Arctic governance
Invited Conference Presentations
- 2013: “Pragmatism and geoengineering: lessons for democratic governance.” Presented at the Fourth Transdiciplinary Summer School on Climate Engineering, Harvard University.
- 2010: “Scientists in the Geoengineering Discourse: Social Advocates or Neutral Umpires?” Presented at the workshop Ethics of Geoengineering: Investigating the Moral Challenges of Solar Radiation Management, University of Montana. Read article here.
- 2010: “Results from the West African Internet Governance Survey.” Presented at the 3rd Meeting of the West Africa Internet Governance Forum, Hotel Pullman Terenga, Dakar, Senegal.
Non Refereed Publications
- 2012: Akoh, Ben, Bjørnar Egede-Nissen, and Heather Creech. “Toolkit on Internet Public Policy Dialogue: Tools for the Practitioner”. International Institute for Sustainable Development. Read More Here.
- 2011: Akoh, B., Egede-Nissen, B., MacLean, D., & Creech, H. (2011, January). Preparing the Grounds for the West Africa Internet Governance Forum: A Review of Internet Public Policy Interests in Selected Countries in the Region. International Institute for Sustainable Development. Read More Here.
- 2010: Egede-Nissen, B. (2010, January). Geoengineering under a climate emergency: Exploring governance pathways and pitfalls (Master research paper). Waterloo, ON: University of Waterloo. Read More Here.
- 2009: Egede-Nissen, B., & Venema, H. D. (2009, August). Desperate Times, Desperate Measures: Advancing the geoengineering debate at the Arctic Council. International Institute for Sustainable Development. Read More Here.
- 2013: Invited participant, Fourth Transdiciplinary Summer School on Climate Engineering, Harvard University.
- 2012: Invited participant, Third Transdiciplinary Summer School on Climate Engineering, University of Oxford, England.
- 2011: Invited participant, Second Transdiciplinary Summer School on Climate Engineering, Banff Centre, Canada.
- 2011: Rapporteur, Canadian Internet Forum 2011. Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 2000: Certificate in Advanced Trade Negotiations, Centre for Trade Policy and Law, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario.
- Globalization (TA), Introduction to International Relations (TA)