Western University Political ScienceFaculty of Social Science

Student Resources

At Western, we are committed to providing our students with the resources needed for them to have the best student experience possible both inside and outside the classroom.  To learn more about London visit yourlondoncalling.ca

Academic Services

Western Libraries offers extensive resources to graduate students, with an online catalogue service to search for electronic books, journals, bibliographic databases and expert staff to help students in their research. Western Libraries collections are strong in all areas of political science and are particularly deep in the Department's PhD fields of political theory, Canadian politics, comparative politics and local government. Check out the Research Support webpage, which contains many useful services and resources to assist students with their studies at Western.

Information for International and Exchange Students

D.B. Weldon Study Space - a limited number of individual research/study spaces are available to PhD candidates.

"How Do I Find Dissertations" is a helpful resource found at the Western Libraries webpage to locate many dissertations conferred at Western and also published at other universities.

For assistance, contact Courtney Waugh - cwaugh5@uwo.ca, Western Libraries, WLM1J

Career and Professional Development Services

360 Graduate Student Development Initiative

This initiative offers a diverse range of events, workshops and courses, which provide critical communication, writing, teaching and professional skills to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.  The objectives of the 360° Initiative are to enable new scholars to disseminate their research, teach effectively and collaborate successfully, and to provide preparation that facilitates successful transitions to careers both inside and outside of academia.

Health Services

SOGS Supplemental Health Services

Housing Services

There are many on-campus housing options available to graduate students.  For more information on on-campus housing please visit the University Housing Service website.

For students wishing to live off campus, Western provides an Off-Campus Housing Service, where listings of available housing throughout London are maintained.  Our in-person service operates on a self-serve basis.  Located in Elgin Hall, you'll have free access to phones and city maps, and computers are available to conduct personalized searches based on categories such as rental price, location and housing type.

Information Services

Graduate Student Organizations