Advantages of Graduate Study in Political Science at Western
- Excellent programs and faculty
- Strong financial assistance for all eligible PhD and MA students
- Office accommodation for all teaching assistants
- Strong training in research methods
- Theoretical and methodological diversity
Excellent research centres and groups including:
- Multilevel Governance Research Lab
- Centre for American Studies & Canada-US Institute
- Centre for Transitional Justice and Post-Conflict Reconstruction
- Political Economy Research Group
- Political Behaviour Research Group
Collabortaive Programs in:
- Transitional Justice
- Environment and Sustainability
- Migration and Ethnic Relations
The Department of Political Science has partnered with other departments and centres at Western to offer a variety of collaborative programs leading to interdisciplinary specializations. To obtain a graduate degree in Political Science with a specialization in one of these programs, a student must be registered in the Political Science graduate program and complete all of its degree requirements as well as those of the collaborative program. For details, please click on 'Collaborative Programs' on the menu to the right.
Western's Political Science Department is known for the outstanding quality of its research and its expertise in Political Theory, Canadian Politics, Comparative Politics, Local Government, Public Administration, and International Relations. Among its members are scholars of national and international reputation whose research and writing will be familiar to many students of political science.
The Department's graduate programs are widely known and attract excellent students from across Canada and around the world.
Political Science Graduate Program
Graduate Program Advisor
Department of Political Science
Social Science Centre
1151 Richmond Street North
London, ON N6A 5C2 Canada
519 661-2111 Ext. 83657
Last year's MA graduates -
"All the faculty and staff are extremely knowledgeable and most importantly want to see their students learn and succeed."
"If I knew anyone who was interested in attending Western for an MA in Political Science, I would not hesitate to endorse this program fully."
"It was a tough year, but well worth it."