BA McMaster, MA Toronto, LLB Western, PHD Queen's
Canadian Politics, Women and Politics, Law and Politics
Constitutional Politics, Legal Method, Aboriginal Politics, Difference Politics and the Politics of Identity
The Perils of Identity: Group Rights and the Politics of Intragroup Difference. Vancouver: UBC Press, 2011.
Refereed Journal Articles
"A Tale of Two Cultures: Intimate Femicide, Cultural Defences, and the Law of Provocation," Canadian Journal of Women and the Law 23, no. 2 (2011): 519-547.
"'Culture and the Courts' Revisited: Group-Rights Scholarship and the Evolution of s.35(1)." Canadian Journal of Political Science 42, no.4 (December 2009): 957-979.
Ladner, Kiera L. and Caroline Dick. “Out of the Fires of Hell: Globalization as a Solution to Globalization – An Indigenist Perspective.” Canadian Journal of Law and Society 23 (December 2008): 63-91.
"The Politics of Intragroup Difference: First Nations' Women and the Sawridge Dispute." Canadian Journal of Political Science 39, no. 1 (March 2006): 97-116.
Also from this web page:
- January 2013 - June 2013
- 2230E - Canadian Government & Politics
- 4204F/9756A - Politics of Race
- Courses Taught in Previous Years
- 2230E - Canadian Government and Politics - Winter Term
- 3332F - The Political Significance of the Charter
- 4203G - Social Diversity, Gender and the Law
- 4456F - New Selected Topics: Politics of Race